Randy Seaver, a blogger at Genea-Musing, has created a wonderful blog theme called Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. Here is today’s mission:
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) Determine where your ancestral families were on 1 January 1913 - 100 years ago.
2) List them, their family members, their birth years, and their residence location (as close as possible). Do you have a photograph of their residence from about that time, and does the residence still exist?
3) Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status or Google+ Stream post.
Here is the location of my father's family in 1913:
|601 South 5th Street, Hamilton, Montana|
- My grandfather, William Cyril Hork, and my great-grandmother, Julia Ann Sievert (William’s mother) lived at 601 South 5th Street in Hamilton, Ravalli Co, Montana.  I have a recent photo of the house.
- My grandmother, Anna Marie Sullivan was attending Montana Normal School and lived in Dillon, Beaverhead, Montana. A photo of the school is here.
- My great-grandfather, John H. Sullivan (Anna Marie’s father) lived in Anaconda, Deer Lodge Co, Montana. There are a lot of John Sullivan’s and it is difficult to be sure which one is correct in the Anaconda, Montana 1912 city directory. John’s wife, Anna Marie Gleeson, had died in 1912.
- My great-great grandfather and grandmother, John Gleeson & Margaret Tierney, were living in Portland, Multnomah Co, Oregon at 410 Ross. I believe this is a photo of the house.
|Gleeson Family in Portland, Oregon|
 Missoula and Hamilton City Directory, R.L. Polk & Co, digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com), 1913, p 436, Julia (wid John) Hork.
 Portland City Directory, R.L. Polk & Co, microfilm, Sutro Library film 311, San Francisco, CA, 1912, p 611, John Gleeson.
Copyright © 2013 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past