My father, William J. Hork, was one half German through his father’s line and one half Irish through his mother’s line. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I decided to summarize a bit about the Irish side of my family. These families came from both Ireland and Canada. The records in Ireland are a bit sketchy and I hope to someday learn more!
1. William Joseph Hork: born 23 Apr 1930 in Ontario, San Bernardino Co, California, USA; died 13 Oct 2007 in Walnut Creek, Contra Costa Co, California, USA.
3. Anna Marie "Anne" Sullivan: born 15 Oct 1892 in Anaconda, Deer Lodge Co, Montana, USA; died 14 Feb 1979 in Palo Alto, Santa Clara Co, California, USA.
6. John H. Sullivan: born 20 Jun 1854 in Ireland; married Anna Marie Gleeson 1882 in South Dakota, USA; died 28 May 1932 in San Bernardino, San Bernardino Co, California, USA. He claimed on the 1900 census he arrived in the U.S. in 1866. He was not naturalized until 1882.
7. Anna Marie Gleeson: born 13 Feb 1860 in Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada; died 3 Jan 1912 in Anaconda, Deer Lodge Co, Montana, USA. She came to the U.S. with her parents in 1879 where they settled in Davison County, South Dakota.
12. Jeremiah Sullivan: born 1811 in Co Cork, Ireland; died 6 Nov 1888 in Morrison Co, Minnesota, USA. He probably came in the mid 1860’s. He married Mary Sheehan probably in late 1842 or early 1843 in County Cork.
13. Mary Sheehan: born 1832 in Co Cork, Ireland; died 24 Feb 1892 in Villard Twp, Morrison Co, Minnesota, USA.
14. John Gleeson: born 25 Feb 1835 in Canada; married Margaret Tierney 15 Feb 1858 in Nepean, Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada; died 21 Apr 1915 in Portland, Multnomah Co, Oregon, USA. John and Margaret arrived in the U.S. in 1879 and settled in Dakota Territory. They moved to Oregon in 1902.
15. Margaret Tierney: born 24 Apr 1835 in Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada; died 26 May 1920 in Vancouver, Clark Co, Washington, USA.
28. Martin Gleeson: born 1787 in Ireland; died 9 Oct 1859 in Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada. He married Ann Gleeson sometime before 1820 in Ireland. He came to Canada before 1830.
30. John Tierney: born 1804 in Ireland; married Ann Murray 27 Nov 1832 in Ottawa, Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada; died 14 Dec 1891 in Fallowfield, Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada.
31. Ann Murray: born 1813 in Co Tipperary, Ireland; died 8 Oct 1899 in Fallowfield, Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada.
60. Denis Tierney: born 1777 in Ireland; died Jan 1856 in Nepean, Carleton Co, Ontario, Canada. He married Margaret Eagan in Ireland probably before 1800. He came to Canada in the 1820’s.
Copyright © 2014 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past