Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Friendly Fill-Ins for Thanksgiving


Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun is a great one today.



Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) This is a fun meme co-hosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15 and Meowing (thanks to Suzanne McClendon on the P.S. Annie blog for the links).

2) Fill in the blanks for these four statements:

1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is __________________________.
2. Black Friday ______________________________________________.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is _______________________.
4. One Thanksgiving, _________________________________________.


3) Tell us in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post. Be sure to drop a comment to this post if you write your own blog post and link to it.

Here's mine:

1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is making cornbread stuffing. This was always the kind we had while growing up. My mother and her mother were from Texas, and I think this is truly a southern dish.

2. Black Friday is a shopping day I avoid. I'd rather go bird watching, bike riding, or watch a movie. I did go one year to the mall with my mother-in-law. Oh, what a mad house. Did get most of the shopping done, though!

3. The best part of Thanksgiving Day is the smell of the turkey cooking and the getting together with family.

4. One Thanksgiving I missed because I was in labor with my first daughter. My mother-in-law came to stay with me for a week when I got home from the hospital. She offered to cook and I requested Thanksgiving dinner. She used my mother's recipes. What was so great, was my quiet father-in-law said after tasting the cornbread stuffing was "just as I remember as a boy." He'd grown up in southern Missouri. From that point forward, my mother-in-law added some cornbread to her stuffing! (Funny how he had never complained about the soggy stuffing before.)



Copyright © 2016 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments