Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of January 29–February 4, 2018

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing started this meme and I loved the idea. Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week.

Genealogy
I have written the blog post for 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, this week about Ellis Lancaster in the 1850 census in Lewis County, Missouri.

I wrote a blog post for Randy’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun about the upcoming Super Bowl.

I completed the homework for Chapter 2 of Val Greenwood’s Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy for the DearMyrtle study group. The online broadcast will be February 21.

No work was done on my portfolio, but I am studying the articles in the current issue of NGS Quarterly. There are some really interesting articles this month.

I am working on the handouts and lesson plans for the upcoming Intermediate classes that I’m teaching in March for the CCCGS and Concord FHC, and in May for CGS at the Oakland FHC. They won’t be exactly the same but will be fun to do!

Travel
We’re traveling but unfortunately I have been sick with the crud I was exposed to either during SLIG or on the airplane. Luckily, we have our own room on the train.


Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments