Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Weather On the Day You Were Born


Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

1)  Have you ever wondered what the weather was like on the day you were born?  Was it a bright, sunny day, or a wet and windy dreary day?

2)  Go to the website http://weather.sumofus.org/ and follow the directions.  Put in your birth date and birthplace and find out what the weather was on that day. [Note that it only goes back to 1901.]

I was born on 26 March 1954 and according to the online report, it was sunny.


I got verification by checking out the Oakland Tribune for the weather report on 26 March 1954. I used Newspaper.com to find the issue.


I then checked if my mother noted the weather in my baby book and she had!



Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. The weather was pretty good on your date of birth. Most of my family all had winter birthdays and even in sunny southern California, the weather wasn't very good on the day they were born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am, the newspaper queen, and I didn't think about looking at the forecast in the newspaper. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.