Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of April 30-May 6, 2018

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing started this meme and I loved the idea. Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week.

Genealogy
Not much happened on my own genealogy or the certification portfolio this week except for the blog writing. Our certification group didn’t meet this week. I did review my case study a bit and it’s churning ideas in my head for some restructuring.

Blog Writing: I wrote a couple of blog posts this week:
  • For this week’s 52 Ancestors post I wrote about the 1880 census in Comanche County, Texas, where six families were living next door to each other, but all with different surnames.

Class
I started the California Genealogical Society’s class Intermediate Genealogy: Records Series. I have 10 students who all seemed very interested in the class on land records.

Hiking/Outdoors
I did several activities this past week outdoors. On Monday, I worked at the John Muir National Historic Park at the visitor’s center where there is a large native garden. We pulled lots of weeds!



Thursday with Shirley, we did the weekly phenology study at the Strentzel Meadow. Fernando had cut the grass along out path and the ticks were much better, though I still found one at home.

Friday, I went with friends to Mt. Diablo to walk the Mary Bowerman Trail looking for whatever wildflowers we could find. The weather was very nice and I shot over a hundred photos with a new macro lens. I need to use the viewfinder with this lens so I know the images are in focus.




Sunday with Elaine and Phred, we viewed four gardens in Clayton that were open for the Bring Back The Natives tour. These gardens were very nice and I got some great ideas for some new plants for my own.





Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments