Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Who Is Your Most Recent Unknown Ancestor (MRUA)?


1) Who is your MRUA - your Most Recent Unknown Ancestor? This is the person with the lowest number in your Pedigree Chart or Ahnentafel List that you have not identified a last name for, or a first name if you know a surname but not a first name.

2) Have you looked at your research files for this unknown person recently? Why don't you scan it again just to see if there's something you have missed?

3) What online or offline resources might you search that might help identify your MRUA?

4) Tell us about him or her, and your answers to 2) and 3) above, in a blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a comment on Facebook or Google Plus.

In December 2016, we wrote about our MRUA and I wrote about no. 19, Susanna Raduntz. I also wrote about nos. 20 and 21, Jeremiah Sullivan and Mary Sheehan. Their parents are still not known.

Today, I’ll write about the next nos. 36, Christoph Siewert and 37, Anna Marianna Ewald. They were the parents of Vincent Sievert, who was born in Posen and married Susanna Raduntz on 14 January 1811 in SchniedemĂ¼hl, Posen.

What I know about Christoph Siewert: He was born about 1766, based on being forty-five when he married Anna Ewald on 14 January 1811 in SchneidemĂ¼hl. He died 3 February 1841 at the age of seventy-five. Anna Marianna Ewald was born about 1785. She died 17 November 1845 at the age of sixty.

I have the same problem with Vincent’s parents as I have with Susanna’s parents. There doesn’t seem to be earlier records in SchneidemĂ¼hl. I also know the marriage of Christoph Siewert to Anna Marianna Ewald was his second marriage. But that is all I know. The researcher, who obtained this marriage said that there were no more records at the Diocesan Archives in Koszalin.

I may never find out more about the Siewert or Raduntz families unless I go to the archives and conduct my own research.

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments