Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 39: On the Farm

I am working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I’m looking forward to writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

My husband’s mother, Thelma, grew up on a farm in Hilmar, Merced County, California. Here is a photo of her with her three older brothers (Arnold, Leonard, and Reuben) and one younger brother (Raymond). 

Left to right: Thelma, Ray, Arnold, Reuben, Leonard Nilsen
I just love this photo. It was taken about 1927-28. The boys are wearing typical clothes of children of farmers. 

Mrs. Hoover's First Grade Class, Hilmar School
Here is a typical class photo. Thelma is in 2nd row, 4th from left and her cousin, Ken Lundquist, was also in the photo, but I don't know which one is him.  

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments