Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Zigzag Ancestor Lines

Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun’s assignment this week:


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1)  What is your father's Zigzag Ancestor line (NOTE: I just made that up...}?  In other words, your father's mother's father's mother's etc. line back as far as you can go.

2)  Tell us in your own blog post (and drop a link here in a comment), or on Facebook with your response.

Here is my father’s Zigzag line:

1.  My father was William Joseph Hork (1930-2007) of Ontario, California and Walnut Creek, California.

2.  His mother was Anna Marie Sullivan (1892-1979) of Anaconda, Montana and Santa Clara, California.

3.  Her father was John H. Sullivan (1854-1931) of County Cork, Ireland and San Bernardino, California.

4.  His mother was Mary Sheehan of Ireland and Todd Co., Minnesota.

I can only go back this far with the Irish line. The records are either incomplete or they came from another place.

My mother’s Zigzag line:

1.  Lela Nell Johnston (1934-1992) of Stephenville, Texas and Walnut Creek, California.

2.  Her father was Tom J Johnston (1912-1973) of Gustine, Texas and Pleasant Hill, California.

3.  His mother was Nell Hutson (1888-1919) of Comanche Co, Texas.

4.  Her father was Peter H. Hutson (1853-1930) of Georgia and Comanche Co, Texas.

5.  His mother was Amanda Davis (1826-????) of Georgia and ????

I do not know what became of Amanda and where she was from. My mother’s lines can go back much farther in time, depending on which line I choose, however this line deadends on the female line.

Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I got back six generations, but my mother's other lines go way back. Those dead ends are annoying, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.