Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your 2018 Dear Genea-Santa Letter

Randy Seaver’s Genea-Musing’s post for this week:

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:  
It's Saturday Night again - 
time for some more Genealogy Fun!! 

Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. Here's your chance to sit on Genea-Santa's lap (virtually) and tell him your Christmas genealogy-oriented wish list:

1) Write your Genea-Santa letter. Have you been a good genealogy girl or boy? What genealogy-oriented items are on your Christmas wish list? They could be family history items, technology items, or things that you want to pursue in your ancestral quest.

2) Tell us about them in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook Status  post.  Please leave a comment on this post if you write your own post.

I have been a very good genea-girl this year. I worked very hard putting together my BCG portfolio and have turned it in. I am now being very patient awaiting the results.

I also worked hard this year creating two five-part courses on intermediate genealogy records, which I taught in May and October for the California Genealogical Society and held at the Oakland FamilySearch Library. I worked the desk at the CGS library one day a month and at the FamilySearch Library two days a month. Lastly, I took a group of twelve researchers for a week of research at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.

This is my first letter to the Genea-Santa. My wishes for this year are:
  • First, I’d like good health for my family, including all my siblings and cousins.
  • Second, finding a hint as to where in Alabama my Samuel Johnston (1816-1869) family lived in 1840, and then a hint to where Samuel and his wife, Elizabeth McCormack (1814-1891) were from in South Carolina.
  • Third, I would like more of the digitized records at FamilySearch be available from home. Yes, I could make a list (and I do) for when I go into the Oakland FamilySearch Library, but sometimes what I need is during my “bunny slipper” time in the middle of the night.
  • Fourth, enough time in the day so I can finish all of the family history books I need to write. An extra six hours would do—to replace the hours I have to sleep.

Thank you, Santa, for taking the time to consider my requests. We have no chimney, so you’ll have to visit through the front door (I’ll leave the key in the secret place), and we no longer have a dog, so it’s completely safe from barking. Would you like cookies and milk, or perhaps something healthier like carrot sticks and grape juice? I leave both, so you can choose.


Merry Christmas!



Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You've had a very productive year! Hope Genea-Santa makes all your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice of you to offer Santa something healthier than cookies as an alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I second your wish for more digital images to be available from home via Family Search. With winter here, I'd rather be researching in my jammies with a cup of hot cocoa than getting into the car to drive to a FHC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.