Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of February 18-24, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Blog Writing: I wrote the following blog posts this week:
 Webinars/Study Groups Attended:  I attended:
  • “Applying Evidence to Genealogical Research Questions,” by Melissa Johnson, CG for BCG
  • “Online Sources for French Genealogy, Part I” by Paul Woodbury for Legacy FamilyTree Webinars
  • “Constructing Clear Citations” by Tom Jones, CG for APG Writers SIG
Our Cert Peer Group did not meet because too many of us were unavailable.

Two volunteer gigs this week at the History Center on Tuesday and at California Genealogical Society’s library on Friday.

Lastly, signups for GRIP was this Wednesday and I got class I wanted, Practical Genetic Genealogy, which will be held July 14-19. I’m going to share a room with Jacqueline. It’ll be lots of fun.


Other Activities
It was a beautiful day on Monday where we pulled weeds and trimmed plants in the native garden at the John Muir NHP visitor’s center. Several of the plants were blooming nicely.






At the model club, I took the driver’s test and passed! I messed up at one of the reverse loops but I guess I didn’t mess up enough to fail.

Saturday we visited Norman’s brother and sister-in-law in Sacramento and went to BJs for dinner. We had to charge the car twice so shopped at Walmart.

I attended the play “White Guy on the Bus” at the Campbell Theater put on by the Women of Words theater group. It was pretty intense and thought provoking but I enjoyed it.


Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments