Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Weeks of Nov 4-10, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Blog Writing:

Webinars/Study Groups Attended:   I watched one of the VGA Seminar’s presentation:
  • The Seanachie: Linking Life and Law Through Storytelling, by Judy G Russell

There was no Thursday evening  nor Friday afternoon online study group meetings this week.

Client Work:
No client work this week.

Volunteer Work:
At the History Center this week, I continued working on special collections that need to be processed, written up as a finding aid, entering that into Past Perfect and the Online Archive of California. On Wednesday, I worked my volunteer slot at the Oakland FamilySearch Library, helping a gentleman upload an image to FamilySearch Family Tree. On Friday, I worked the Desk at the California Genealogical Society Library.

Own Work:
I scanned one of my daughter’s photo albums I had created using Creative Memories materials. I then converted each tif image to jpg to make a pdf of the whole book. I have seven more albums to do. It’s nice to be able to use these images in blog or Facebook posts. .

I also began working through some piles of items that needed to be processed, so paper and some digital. It is nice to get them entered into RootsMagic but also seems to lead to more research.

Got in a day with Jacqueline at the Walnut Creek Library this week. I spent most of the time working on the Thomas N. Davey blog post. We ate lunch at a Greek restaurant this time and my meal was delicious!

Other:
To prepare for lots of walking during our trip to NYC, I have begun doing a daily walk. I checked out the new school going up at John Muir Elementary on Saturday and walked to the mailbox. On Sunday, I went to Walnut Creek to Heather Farm Park to do some birding. Had a nice walk around with Tracy, another Audubon member. Got in some shots of birds I saw. Was hoping to see some herons, the Tropical Kingbird, and the Kingfisher, but did not see any of them. 







Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.