Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Weeks of Dec 23-30, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Blog Writing:


Webinars/Study Groups Attended:   
Our Friday study group met and we discussed the idea of having written goals and sharing with each other. We decided to check in quarterly to see how we are doing. For many of them, the them of the year is “Finish,” mostly to finish their portfolios. Mine is to do more writing.

Client Work:
None.

Volunteer Work:
All of my volunteer positions took a hiatus for the Christmas break. Will return next week.

Own Work:
I did some clean up, first on my desk and surrounding areas, filing and putting away items not needed. I also worked on cleaning up the Download folder on my computer. I either filed away genealogy files or processed them in RootsMagic before filing. I did some research on the O’Meara and Gleeson families in Iowa: Clinton, Plymouth, and Shelby Counties. Next week, I shall start on the Hork family book.

Other:
Monday, I had a colonoscopy and I got a clear for five years. Christmas was spent with our daughter, Elizabeth coming and staying overnight. We watched Downton Abby and ate potato soup. Thursday, I did the phenology study at the Strentzel Meadow without Shirley. It sure goes faster alone. Friday, the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society had a show and I worked in the cabs. Sunday we visited Norman’s brother, Brian, and visited with his two daughters, Kate and Maddy and Kate’s husband, Will. We had a great time playing trivia and other games.


*This was published late for some reason.

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments