Skip to main content

Happy 9th Blogiversary!


It’s been nine years since I started this blog. It is actually my second blog. I had started Mam-ma’s Southern Family in six months earlier, but it was too constricting writing only about one line. I needed someplace to write about my many other lines as well as my husband’s line, thus the start of My Trails into the Past.

In the past year, I have written 138 posts covering several topics:
  • Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: 38 posts. I did not always find the theme inviting.
  • 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 35 posts, with the rest on Mam-ma’s Southern Family.
  • Monday Genea-pouri: 52 posts, one for each week. I write mostly about my genealogy activities but also about other activities, and I try to post a few photos I have taken of nature during the week. This spring, this theme has been the place to record how Coronavirus has affected our activities.
  • Family stories: 12 posts about the Gorrell, Hutson, Davey, and Hork families.

I have been writing more non-themed posts this past year, focusing on research I have done. I wrote five posts this spring about my father-in-law’s service during World War II and have more planned. Quite a few of the 52 Ancestors posts are also about my research.

I do enjoy writing these posts and hope to continue at least on the same pace.

Copyright © 2020 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Happy blogiversary and congratulations on entering your tenth year of genea-blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9th Blogiversary, Lisa and best wishes for many more fun years. I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading both blogs. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! I look forward to reading more about your father-in-law's WWII service. I am finally researching my grandfather's service and hope to writing about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do plan to write more about his service. Stay tuned. Good luck on your grandfather's research.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.