Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of Sep 14-20, 2020

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

I have completed twenty-seven (27) weeks of semi- “lock down” due to Covid-19. I did phenology at the meadow. I took some things to Hospice. I went to volunteer at the History Center on Tuesday and Saturday.

The air became clearer on Thursday and I shot some photos at the Martinez Marina for my new photography class.

Genealogy

Blog Writing:
Blogs posted this past week:

Study Groups Attended:   
I attended fewer study groups this week due to the company I have at home:

  • Monday Morning Group. I set it up, then passed the hosting onto Susan so I could attend a pre-class meeting with CGS.
  • NGSQ Study Group. Met with Cari’s group. I mostly listened.
  • Jacqueline and I met for a little over an hour and talked about a variety of things.
  • Three of the Amigos met. They have me ideas for a Nugget article & we talked about Legos and One Note.
  • Five of us met in the Friday Cert Discussion group and we finished discussing the Debbie Parker Wayne’s research report. Using the rubrics is very helpful.

Webinars Attended:

  • Types & Graphics and Software-Layout-Photos by Lois Elling for CGS Writing Course
  • Exploring Military Records 01 by Susan Goss Johnston for CGS

Client Work/Presentations:
I sent the final product and I’m done.  I worked on the lessons plans for the two Adult School courses I’m teaching during any free time I have.

Volunteer Work: I visited the History Center on both Tuesday and Saturday. Glad to have plans with Maxine on which projects to do next.

Own Work:
No genealogy research done this week.

Other:
Still working on clearing out stuff from the bedroom/office. Elizabeth and her dog, Dooby came for an overnight and she helped, too. It takes several trips to the charity places, as they only take two-three bags at a time.

I am still reading, though I have not had any time this week:

  • The Color of Law
  • White Heat: The New Warfare, 1914-1918
  • Send Us a Lady Physician: Women Doctors in America 1835-1920
  • The Widow Washington
  • Twilight Whispers

Classes started this week at the Acalanes Adult School. I'm taking three classes and teaching two. Tuesday is the Photography class, Wednesday the Advance German Conversation, and Thursday the Intermediate German. I went out on Friday and shot some photos at the Martinez Marina early in the morning.

Photos of the week: Meadow shots of narrow-leaf milkweed seeds.





Copyright © 2020 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments