Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- A Baby or Small Child Photograph

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Here is our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing:

1)  Do you have baby or small child photographs of yourself or your parents?  Please share one of them.

2)  Share it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or on Facebook.  Be sure to leave a comment with a link to your blog post on this post.

Here's mine:

Since I was the first child born to my parents, there are many more photos of me than the others. I, too, have earliest photos with a parent or grandparent. However, I did find two shots of me at one week old. Here is one of them, taken after a bath.

Here is another, taken when I was about one year old. This is likely the first professional portrait done.


I’m glad I have digitized these already, though I converted them to tifs so they would not be so large in the blog post.

Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. One week?! Wow, your parents were really on top of things. And you look adorable in your frilly dress! I was also the first child of my parents, and the first grandchild for my mother's parents, but I don't have so many photos of me when I was really young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even have a photo of me with my mother in the hospital. The doctor said I was the most beautiful baby he had ever delivered. He was probably in his first year as a doctor, or he told that to all the mothers.

      Delete
  2. No one week photos of me, but I think I have one of my brother after a bath and he looks almost newborn. I love your curly hair and pretty dress in the second photo. White socks and Mary Janes were part of the dressed up look in our childhood, too. Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard stories growing up that I hated wearing these frilly dresses. Probably because the petticoats were itchy.

      Delete
  3. So cute!!! I too don't think there are any of me at only one week old... The formal portrait is beautiful - love the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.