Skip to main content

Tombstones: May Reveal Place of Origin

Many tombstones have information besides names and birth and death dates. They might reveal the place of origin.

My 2x-great-grandfather’s tombstone states he was a native of County Cork.


 My husband’s 2x-great-grandfather’s brother’s tombstone states he was a native of County Cornwall.

Neither tombstone gives the town or village, but they do help narrow down the search to the county of origin.

#52Ancestors-Week 46: Tombstones

This is my fifth year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow (https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/) at Generations Cafe. I write each week on one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments