Skip to main content

Advent Calendar 2011 -- Day 21 Christmas Music

Christmas music is my favorite part of the Christmas Season.  I always remember Christmas records being played on the stereo at home as we trimmed the tree and Christmas music played on the radio from Christmas eve through Christmas Day.  At school we sang Christmas songs, though I don't remember any exact titles.  In 7th and 8th grade, I was in Girls & Boys Chorus and we once went to Rossmoor (the local senior community) and sang Christmas songs.  One of the songs I remember singing was "O Come, All Ye Faithful" because we sang a verse or two in Latin.  So I guess we sang both religious and secular songs in those days.

I had fond memories of one particular record by Burl Ives that had "The Twelve Days of Christmas" on it.  My work partner found the record for me on eBay and it is very nice to now listen to it again at Christmas.  My daughters took piano lessons and played Christmas songs through the New Year.

My favorite Christmas songs are (not in any particular order):

  • O Holy Night
  • Pat a Pan
  • Angels We Have Heard on High
  • Do You Hear What I Hear?
  • Christmas Canon
  • Carol of the Bells
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Sleigh Bells - (especially the Alhambra HS band)
  • O Tannenbaum

Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past

Comments