- My second great-grandmother, Maria Catharine (Trösster) Hork (1813-1874) was living in Oberhundem, Westfalen (present day Germany). I do not have a photograph of their residence, nor do I know exactly which house it is. I would love to visit the small community someday. My great-grandfather, Johan Anton Hork (1843-1906) was part of this household, as he had not left for America yet.
- My second great-grandparents, Vincent (1823-1890) and Susanna (Raduntz) Sievert (1832-1911) were living in Joliet, Will County, Illinois. I do not know where their residence is located, although in later years they lived on Hickory and North Hickory streets. My great-grandmother, Julia Sievert (1854-1928), who later married Johann Hork, was living in this household.
- My second great-grandparents, Jeremiah (1811-1832) & Mary (Sheehan) Sullivan (1832-1892) were living either in County Cork, Ireland or someplace in the United States. I have yet to find a ship arrival record for them. They have reported to have arrived sometime in the early 1860’s. Included in the household would be my great-grandfather, John H. Sullivan (1854-1932).
- My third great-grandparents, John (1804-1891) & Ann (Murray) Tierney (1813-1899) were living on a farm near Fallowfield in Carleton County, Ontario, Canada. I do not know exactly where they were living.
- My second great-grandparents, John (1835-1915) & Margaret (Tierney) Gleeson (1835-1920) were living in Goulburne, Carleton County, Ontario, Canada on a farm. My great-grandmother, Anna Marie Gleeson was in the household as a three-year-old.
Copyright © 2013 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past