Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestral Birthplace Chart

Another great fun day with Randy Seaver from Genea-Musing.

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!): 
1) My friend and colleague J. Paul Hawthorne started this on Facebook, and many geneabloggers have already done it.
2) The challenge is to create a five or six generation ancestor chart that shows your ancestor's birthplaces. You can download Paul's sample chart (an Excel spreadsheet) available athttp://bit.ly/1RjfZEZ. Pat Richley-Erickson created another spreadsheet (5 or 6 generations), available at: http://bit.ly/5n6GenBirth.
3) Share your Ancestral birthplace Chart with the genealogy world on your own blog post or on Facebook or on Google+.

Facebook was all the rage for two days as nearly every genealogist posted a colorful pedigree chart showing the birth locations of  5 generations of ancestors. It was all due to the invention of J. Paul Hawthorne, a fellow Californian who lives way south of me.

I quickly made one and posted it on Facebook.

Lisa's ancestors based on where they were born.

Not long after I posted this, my daughter messaged me on Facebook and wanted to see one made for her. So here it is:

My two daughters' ancestry, based on where they were born

It was such a pleasure seeing everyone's colorful trees on Facebook!

Copyright © 2016 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments