Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 51: Future

This is my second year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.


What does the future hold for us?

Some day I will be gone, but I hope that before I die, I have finished several family history books to pass down to family. I certainly do not want all of my research work go to waste. I have no one at the moment who is interested in taking it on.

I can hope my daughters find someone special in their lives and maybe have children. Maybe one of the grandchildren might become interested in preserving our family history.

My husband’s aunt has begun the process of donating all of the Nilsen family material to the California State Archives and I have integrated my research within what she had. I already wrote a three-generation story about the forefathers who came to America that will be part of the collection.

So, to put down in writing what I need to do in the future (i.e. 2020): plan out family books for the following families:
  • Hork family, writing mostly about our parents and grandparents families.
  • Johnston family, writing about our other grandparents and my grandfather’s families.
  • Lancaster family, writing about my grandmother’s families.
  • Gleeson family, rewriting the Gleeson & Sullivan family book that I wrote in the early 2000s. I have much more to tell about their lives.
I also would like to finish creating the photo archives for each family lines.  Once that is done, I can focus on preserving what materials that need to be kept into an archive.

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Sounds like we are on similar paths with our family history. Since I have no children, it is vital to make it accessible by placing it in archives or putting it into book form for libraries or researchers to find.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.