Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Linda's "December Genea-Meme"

It's Saturday Night -

Time For More

Genealogy Fun!

Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing is to:

A)  Genea-Blogger Linda Stufflebean created a "December Genea-Meme" - so this is our challenge for Saturday Night.  Thank you, Linda!!

B)  Copy the 20 questions below to your own blog post or to a word processor, and answer the questions.

Here are the 20 questions with my answers:

1. What is one genea-accomplishment this year of which you are proud?
I am proud of teaching two courses, Foundations 1, the Records, and Foundations 2, Focus on Improving Research Skills & Reporting with our Applied Genealogy Institute.

2. Is there a particular song that when you first hear it, tells you that the holidays are here?
Sleigh Bells. The high school my daughters attended always played this number with such enthusiasm.

3. Share a holiday memory that is special to you.
Getting to open Nana’s presents on Christmas Eve because they were new pajamas.

4. Has your family passed down any holiday stories?
No.

5. Which past genea-gift have you really appreciated?
Santa brings genea-gifts throughout the year. I’m appreciative of Ancestry, Fold3, and Newspapers.com.

6. Does your family cook any holiday recipes that have been handed down?
Yes. We often make potato soup from the Swedish cookbook and have Swedish potato sausage.

7. What is your favorite holiday song?
O Holy Night, Do You Hear What I Hear, Sussex Carol, The Coventry Carol are among my favorites.

8. Is there a holiday song that you wish was forgotten forever? 
Last Christmas.

9. What is one (realistic) item on your Genea-Santa list this year?
I have no list.

10. What is one item on your not-so-realistic wish list for Genea-Santa?
To find all my brick walls.

11. What holiday meal will be served?
Not sure. We’ll be alone.

12. Will your family reminisce about past holidays when you get together?
No. See no. 11.

13. Will you travel to spend the day with others?
No. See no. 11.

14. Do you have old family holiday photos or home movies that will be viewed this year?
I have scanned some. Most of our photos are slides.

15. Did you break through any brick walls in 2022?
No, but I got closer to my Samuel Johnston problem. I believe I have found where they were in Alabama in 1840.

16. Has your family shared any holiday recipes/activities or ??? which have become new yearly traditions?
Yes. See answers from no. 6.

17. Do you have a 2022 genea-goal that could have been accomplished, but over which you’ve procrastinated? 
I have not finished going through all the paper files to be scanned or discarded. I have not written the KDP for my renewal. But I did create new presentations for genealogy societies.

18. Do you participate in any holiday activities with your neighbors?
We exchange small tokens with our neighbor across the street.

19. Think – if you had to choose right this minute – which ancestor would you most like to meet?
Any of my maiden Gleeson great-great-aunts: Elizabeth, Helen, or Margaret. Elizabeth might be the most interesting one.

20. What is one of your 2023 genealogy goals?
I haven’t really thought about it yet. One for sure: renew my credential.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You should be very proud of your classes with the Applied Genealogy Institute! You should also be proud of creating new presentations for genealogy societies. That represents hours and hours of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's one of the reasons I haven't done other items on my 2022 goals.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.