Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your 2023 Genealogy Goals

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has given us a challenge:

1)  Have you made genealogy goals for 2023?  What are they?  Which one would you be most excited to see accomplished?

I have written my 2022 goals for 52 Ancestors, a genealogy meme run by Amy Johnson Crow. In that post I made 3 goals:

Turn in my renewal portfolio for my CG recertification. My main goal for this year is to produce 1-2 work samples to use for my BCG certification portfolio, which is due in December (though I need to turn it in a couple of months sooner so there is time for judging). The weaknesses in my previous portfolio were the research report and my citations. I have worked hard on improving my citations and making them consistent.

Write research reports and proof summaries for my maternal family. Writing more research reports and proof summaries for my mother’s southern family will be challenging but may give me something useful for my portfolio. I shall also choose one of those family lines to write a KDP genealogy. Too bad they all had so many children!

Create new presentations for societies. I have some ideas for case study presentations and will work on those this year. I find them more challenging than teaching about record types. I have a Civil War soldier and a World War I study of some California soldiers that I think will make good case studies. It’s been fun presenting to societies from all over the country and I hope I can do more in 2023.

What are your goals for 2023? Be sure to write them down so you don’t forget to do them.


Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I'm not sure I like yet, but it solves the accessibility problems I had with Google. I didn't want to learn a new platform. I hope I meet my goals, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.