Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - List Some of Your Genealogy "Needs"

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!






Here is our command from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing for today: Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. 

1)  We all have genealogy-related tasks that we "need" to do.  What are yours?

2) Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook post.  Please leave a link on this post if you write your own blog post.

Here's mine:

My immediate “needs to do” are:

  • Finish the lessons, presentations, agendas, and homework assignments for my upcoming AppGen class on probate records. I am 25% finished.
  • Write my genealogy methods column for California Nugget.
  • Visit another research facility in the county and write up an article for Contra Costa County Genealogical Society’s newsletter Descendants.
  • Write my weekly 52 Ancestors and Genea-pourri posts and try to fit in an extra post occasionally.

My long-term “needs to do” (in the next 6 months) are:

  • Write another German-American town article for Der Blumenbaum.
  • Complete my BCG renewal, due in December 2023.
  • Write an article for the Descendants about railroad travel due in October.

Things I want to do if I can find the time:

  • Finish organizing my photo collections
  • Complete the family artifact book
  • Write more family history stories (longer ones than what I do on my blog)
  • Fix citation issues in RootsMagic. I have many events in Notes and should be moved to regular events along with citations.

Phew! That's quite a list.

Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You do have a lengthy list. Mine is shorter, but the "clean up" hides the true amount of work. I'm sure you'll do great on your BCG renewal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I had time for more cleanup. I tend to do it when working on a particular person. I should do one person a day instead is scrolling FB.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.