Skip to main content

SNGF - How Many Known 4th Great-Grandparents Do You Have?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to: 

1)  How many known ancestors (at least a name) do you have in your generation of 4th great-grandparents?  What about your significant other's generation of 4th great-grandparents?  

2)  Tell us how you figured this out, and highlight your most recent additions to your list.

Here's mine:
I have found the names of 29 fourth-great grandparents (11 on my father’s side and 18 on my mother’s side). Where I have blanks are with the Irish and Germans who lived in Poland on my father’s side for a total of 21 missing people. On my mother’s side, it’s the surnames in the tree that are common such as Johnston, Jones, Davis, and Rogers, or females that I don’t know their parents’ names, for a total of 14 missing names.

My husband’s side is not much better. He has 16 known names on his father’s side and 18 on his mother’s. His blanks are for people in Sweden and England that I have not found yet, and some early colonial Germans that I don’t know their origins. I have taken some of his mother’s Swedish lines back further than seven generations, just not all of them.

I really have not been focusing on these generations. I have been focusing on gather as much as I can on earlier generations so I can write up their stories. Then I’ll work on later generations.


Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Seven generations is pretty cool. Sweden has such incredibly good records to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when you know the hometowns of Swedes and Germans, one can get back several generations.

      Delete
  2. Focus is very important, targeting a specific set of ancestors for research and stories, then moving to another generation or generations for focus on research and stories. Your fan charts are fantastic by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped wanting to get back as far as I can long ago, rather focusing on the stories instead.

      Delete
  3. Your Polish side is similar to Janice's and my lack of names. If only more records survived! You need to get busy and add to the Swedish branch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've already written about the Swedish side and need to work on my ancestry now. So moving back in time isn't a high priority.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.