Skip to main content

Fearless Females - Day 6

This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month. I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts. These 31 posts will be posted between my two blogs "My Trails Into the Past" and "Mam-ma's Southern Family."

March 6 — Describe an heirloom you may have inherited from a female ancestor (wedding ring or other jewelry, china, clothing, etc.) If you don’t have any, then write about a specific object you remember from your mother or grandmother, or aunt (a scarf, a hat, cooking utensil, furniture, etc.)

Cast iron pans from Nana
We don't have many heirlooms from my ancestors.  My family did not have a lot of money but the few items that have been passed down are cherished.  I especially love the black cast iron frying pans from Nana, my grandmother, Anne M Hork.

These pans are so well-seasoned, that I can cook anything in them without sticking.  Plus they can be washed gently without worrying about losing the seasoning.  In these pans, I have cooked French Toast, salmon patties, fried chicken, scrambled eggs, baked cornbread, and many other treats.  They have also went on many camping trips with our Girl Scout Troop where the girls fixed burritos, tacos, and spaghetti sauce.




Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past

Comments