Skip to main content

Fearless Females - Day 2

This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month.  I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts.  These 31 posts will be posted between my two blogs "My Trails Into the Past" and "Mam-ma's Southern Family."

Day 2: Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?

Anna Marie Sullivan Hork

This is my paternal grandmother, Anna Marie (Sullivan) Hork.  I don't know when the photo was taken but the date written on the photo is 2/28/47.  Loretta is her sister.  My guess is this was a studio photo.

Anna was born 15 October 1892 in Anaconda, Deer Lodge Co, Montana to John H. Sullivan and Anna Marie Gleeson.  She was a devout Catholic, a school teacher, and a CCD teacher.  She loved to sing and taught us grandchildren lots of little songs, especially ones to help pass the time while washing dishes.  I loved being read to by her.  We also loved snacks she made, especially sugar rolled up in lettuce.  The sourballs she kept in her candy jar was also great, too.  We always had great fun with "Nana."

Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past

Comments