Skip to main content

The Book of Me, Written by Me—Prompt 1 “Who am I?”


This is a new project to help genealogist write about themselves for future family.  This was developed by Julie Goucher of Anglers Rest and you can find out more about it here.  There will be a new prompt each week and I have started already 4 weeks late.  I am going to play catch-up now.
Prompt 1. The prompt for week 1 is a recognized psychology test.  Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?”
Here is my response:
I am:
· 59 years old
· retired but busier now than when I worked
· a sister to three sisters and two brothers, a niece to two aunts, a granddaughter, and cousin to 8 cousins
· introverted but love to be involved in the background
· a mother to two daughters who graduated from college
· a college graduate with a BS degree in Biology though I never worked in the field
· a player of the piano, guitar, and recorder
· a photographer, birdwatcher, genealogy researcher, and writer
· a wife to Norman
· a lover of travel but I hate to fly
· a railfan
· a gardener of native plants and geraniums in pots
· a lover of weather cool enough for sweaters
· a dieter who can’t eat wheat or dairy
· an owner of a 14 year-old car that I still enjoy driving
· a lover of cats though we have a dog
· a listener of good music
· a practitioner of Yoga
· an avid lover of learning new things
· a baseball fan


















image courtesy of sweetclipart.com

Comments

  1. A complex and compelling individual, I think. (From one backstage introvert to another.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.