Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Three More Ancestry Questions

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has an assignment for us.
1) My friend and colleague Linda Stufflebean posted JUST FOR FUN – 4 X 6 = 24 FAMILY TREE QUESTIONS on her blog last week, and I thought we could answer half of the questions last week and half this week.
2)  Here are the last three questions:
*  Name four places on my ancestral home bucket list I’d like to visit:
*  What are the four most unusual surnames in your family tree?
*  Which four brick walls would you most like to smash through?
3) Answer each of the questions based on your own ancestors, not the collateral lines. If you didn't answer the first three questions, you can include them this week.


Four ancestral places I would like to visit:
  • Castletown Berehaven in County Cork where my great grandfather, John H. Sullivan and his parents, Jeremiah Sullivan and Mary Sheehan were from.
  • Ottawa (Canada) and surrounding towns where my great grandfather, John Gleeson was born.
  • Silvermines in County Tipperary where my 3rd great grandparents, Martin Gleeson and Ann Gleeson were from.
  • Oberhundem & Kirchhundem in Kreis Olpe in North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany) where my great-grandfather, Johan Anton Hork was from.


Four unusual surnames in my family tree:
  • Hork 
  • Bean 
  • Greenlease
  • Polly


Brickwalls I want to bust:
  • Parents of Nathan H.O. Polly. He was born 27 Jan 1820 in Kentucky and died 2 Nov 1902 in Rockwall Co, Texas. He was a minister.
  • Also Nathan’s wife Lydia Margaret (--?--). She was born 24 Feb 1828 in Kentucky, and died 27 Mar 1912 in Rockwall Co, Texas. I want to find their marriage, so then I can try to find her parents.

  • Parents of Jeremiah Sullivan of County Cork. He was born around 1811 in Cork, Ireland and died 6 Nov 1888 in Morrison Co, Minnesota.  The marriage record book for his marriage to Mary Sheehan in Co Cork is missing.
  • Parents of Samuel Johnston of South Carolina. He was born around 1816 in South Carolina (at least all the census records point to that). His children were born in Alabama. His wife was Elizabeth McCormack. Where were they in Alabama? Where was he from in South Carolina?



Copyright © 2016 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments