Skip to main content

V is for Virginia Anne Hork

I am participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge (April 2016), where we write 26 blog posts featuring each letter of the alphabet.

My dear Aunt Virginia passed away this past week so I changed the focus on my V ancestor to honor Virginia.

My Dad's three sisters: June, Lorene, Virginia
when living in Napa
She was my father’s sister and one of four children born to William Cyril Hork and Anna Marie Sullivan. 

She was well-loved by all and a sweetheart to everyone. She had such class as well as being very beautiful. 

Before her marriage she worked as a stewardess for Western Airlines and was once a contestant for Miss Aviation. She met her future husband, John H. Gertridge while flying. They married 19 August 1950 at Carmel Mission and had four children.
June, me, Virginia
I always enjoyed visiting my Aunt Virginia and we had such a wonderful afternoon together on our last visit talking about family both past and present.

I will miss you, Aunt Virginia.

Copyright © 2016 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Sorry for your loss. So wonderful that you took time to remember your aunt here. She seems like a family member with an interesting history that you could write much more about. The photos are lovely.
    Molly of Molly's Canopy http://mollyscanopy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom, Mary Patterson, brother Michael and I took a trip up north to visit a few years ago. We had a wonderful time at Virginia's, she was a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I sure wished I had known when you came. I would have come visit, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.