“To any Judge Justice of the Peace or Regularly Ordained Minister of the Gospel, you are hereby authorized to solemnize the rites of matrimony between Mr. Green Lee R Selman and Mrs. Deborah Amanda Selman and due return make to within Sixty days after solemnization at my office in the town of Rusk. Given under my hand and seal of ?? In the Town of Rusk this 23rd September AD 1851.
W.P. Brittain Clerk Co Court, by his Deputy O.G. Woods.”
|1851 Marriage License for Green Lee Selman & Mrs. Deborah A. Selman, |
Cherokee Co, Texas
- George Washington Selman, b. 22 September 1842
- Emma Olivia Selman, b. 6 May 1844
- Mary Caroline Selman, b. 28 Jun 1852
- Robert Louis Selman, b. 4 Apr 1855
- Sarah Helena “Sallie” Selman, b. 27 Sep 1858, my second great-grandmother, who married Peter Hayden Hutson.
Copyright © 2017 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.