Saturday, June 10, 2017

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Recent Ancestor Photographs

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has another great assignment for us.
1)  Do you have photos of all of your ancestors back to the 1850 time frame?  Which recent ancestors do you not have a photograph of? 
2)  Review your files, and list the ancestors for whom you want and/or need to find a photograph.  Also list where they resided and where they died.  Where would you look to find a photograph of them?

3)  Share your answers on your own blog post (and leave a comment here with a link), or on Facebook or other social media.
So here’s mine:

I have photos of my parents, my four grandparents, and seven out of my great-grandparents. I have photos of  ten out of sixteen great-great-grandparents. And I have only two out of thirty-two 3X great-grandparents.

Of my great-grandparents:
I have not found a photo of Johan Anton Hork (1843-1906).

Of my great-great-grandparents:
I need a photo of Vincent Sievert (1823-1890) & his wife Susanna Raduntz (1832-1911). I have tried many years ago by contacting other Sievert descendants. Maybe someday.

Jeremiah Sullivan (1811-1888) and his wife, Mary Sheehan (1822-1892). They died in Todd Co, Minnesota.

Joseph Heinrich Horoch (1804-1857) and his wife Maria Catharine Trösster (1813-1874). They died in Oberhundem, Westfalen. I doubt I’ll find photos of them.

Of my great-great-great-grandparents: The only ones that fit the date criteria are:
Martin Gleeson (1787-1859) who died in rural Canada.

Samuel Johnston (1816-1869) who died in Titus Co., Texas and his wife, Elizabeth McCormack (1814-1891).

Benjamin W. Jones (1822-aft 1861) who died in the Civil War, and his wife, Amanda A Haley (1827-1904). If he had been in the Union Army I might expect to find a photo, however he was in the Confederate Army and I don't even know which unit. This is a big brick wall.

Greenlee Bean Selman (1820-1888) and his wife, Amanda Deborah Oldham (1822-1880). They both died in Texas.

George Wilson Lancaster (1839-1919). He died in Erath Co, Texas. I have a photo of his wife with her second husband.

James Madison Coor (1833-1889). He died in Texas. His wife, Melissa Ann Welch died in 1876 in Copiah Co, Mississippi. They were probably too poor to have any photographs.

Jesse Loveless (1806-1873) and his wife, Elizabeth Nixon (1810-aft 1876). They died in Faulkner Co, Arkansas.

Some of these last group probably never had photos taken of them. However, if anyone out there has a photo of my ancestors, I would love to see it!

Copyright © 2017 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I have a Sullivan line. I don't have a Jeremiah listed in my tree but perhaps there is some connection? Good luck in finding pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.