Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – Week 44: Halloween: Kid’s Costumes

This is my second year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails Into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

This week for Halloween, I decided to feature some of the costumes my daughters wore for Halloween. Most years, I made their costumes, though sometimes they were borrowed or bought, and often handed down.
Store-bought costumes

One costume borrowed was the pumpkin costume Elizabeth wore her first year at the Creative Play Cooperative Pre-school. It was a surprise that she matched her teacher.

The following year, she was a bride.

We often attended the Halloween party given by Margaret’s friend, Sam. They carved pumpkins and played games. Parents sat around visiting while eating potluck food. It was always a fun time.


Here is a shot from a party given by their babysitter’s daughter. All three of us dressed up.
These two costumes were hand-made

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments