Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- What Family Heirlooms Did You Inherit or Obtain?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has our assignment for this week. 

1) The NEHGS Weekly Genealogy newsletter asked an interesting question this week - let's use it for our SNGF this week.

2) What "family heirlooms" did you inherit or obtain? What are your most cherished possessions that were owned or created by an ancestor or relative? They could be photographs, letters or documents, a diary, an audio or video recording, books, jewelry, clothing, quilts, needlework, drawing or painting, toy or doll, collectibles, musical instrument, furniture, something else?

3) Share your cherished heirloom(s) in your own blog post, on Facebook, and leave a link to it in the comments.

I have written two previous blog posts about heirlooms I have. 


I have some other heirlooms: pearl necklace from my Mam-ma, my Nana's wedding band, a domed clock (that doesn't work). At least on the top of my head. My husband has a footstool made by his grandfather, a chair made by his great-grandfather, some other woodworking items, and some knick knacks. Some day I need to document all of these items or our children will just sell or give them away.

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. What fun to have a footstool and chair made by a family member. None of my ancestors made anything like that, but I am thrilled to have my 2X great grandmother's rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please, please!, document them! You don't want them to be given away or tossed out.

    And why is the domed clock an heirloom?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.