Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of May 17–23, 2021

I have completed sixty-two (62) weeks of semi- “lock down” due to Covid-19. This past week was a bit crazy. I had a busy Tuesday with an EKG, haircut, bank trip, and trip to History Center. Wednesday, a trip to the ER. On Thursday, phenology, and Friday a treadmill test and then to Sloat Garden Center. Other than that, stayed home, measuring blood pressure three times a day.

Genealogy

Blog Writing:

Week 20: Cousin Bait—Why I Write This Blog I wrote about how I have used the blog and other sources to capture cousins.

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – When You First Left Home I wrote about my parents first leaving their homes.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended: I attended Monday Morning where 15 attended, Amigos on Wednesday, and Peer Group on Friday where just Josh and I had a full hour of conversation.

Webinars & Classes Attended
: No genealogy classes or webinars this week.

Client Work/Presentations
: I finished the Bray research for this month and sent the report.   

Volunteer & Own Work: I continued working on the library inventory at the History Center with John’s help, and took minutes for the board meeting on Thursday.

Other: Besides the doctor’s visits, I haven’t done much else. I spent Saturday doing some Irish research for a friend. Sunday, our daughter, Elizabeth, came for a visit.

I’m reading the following books:

  • The Family Tree by Karen Branan
  • Black Newspapers & America’s War for Democracy, 1914-1920 by William G Jordan
  • Girl Waits with a Gun by Amy Stewart
  • Zotero for Genealogy by Donna Cox Baker

I finished the following this week:

  • Schooled by Gordon Korman
  • Writing Interesting Family Histories by Carol Baxter

Photos taken this week:





Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments