Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your 2021 "Dear Genea-Santa" Letter

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


Our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing:

Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. Here's your chance to sit on Genea-Santa's lap (virtually) and tell him your Christmas genealogy-oriented wish list:

1) Write your 2021 Genea-Santa letter. Have you been a good genealogy girl or boy? What genealogy-oriented items are on your Christmas wish list? They could be family history items, technology items, or things that you want to pursue in your ancestral quest.

2) Tell us about them in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook Status post.  Please leave a link on this post if you write your own post.

Here's mine:

I have had a great genealogy year. Once the FamilySearch Library in Oakland reopened, I have volunteered twice a month. I also volunteer once a week (sometimes twice) at the archives of the Contra Costa County Historical Society, where I answer queries and have been reorganizing the library.

I spoke to several genealogical societies, a few out of state (yeah Zoom!), taught four-week-long classes three time a year at the adult school, and am a founding member of a new virtual institute Applied Genealogy Institute.

Thanks for the new laptop, which made having a background image on Zoom a piece of cake. Now that the internet works great at home (fingers crossed), I can do more teaching from home. I am also thankful for the genealogy books I bought this year to help with adding background and social content to my stories.

What do I want this year for Christmas?

  • Hint as to where Samuel and Elizabeth Johnston were living in Alabama in the 1840s. While we’re at it, also a hint as to where in South Carolina they came from.
  • Miraculously finding all lost Irish church record books, especially in County Cork and County Tipperary. Would love to find kin to my Sullivan and Gleeson families.
  • I’ll add to Randy’s wish of Ancestry’s citations were closer to Evidence Explained. And that FamilySearch films were available from home.
  • I would also like more newspapers digitized. I don’t mind paying to view.

I don’t want to be greedy, so that’s my list for 2021, Genea-Santa. 


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Your list is very simple and straight forward. I hope he brings you all the lost Irish church records because I have a Tracey friend with Tipperary roots and he'd love to connect with relatives in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.