Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- What is Next on Your "To-Do" List?

It's Saturday Night -

time for more Genealogy Fun!

Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing is to:

1) What is next on your genealogy "To Do" list? [Thank you to Linda Stufflebean for suggesting topics!]

2)  Write your own blog post, or add your response as a comment to this blog post, in a Facebook Status post or note.

Here's mine:

One item on my genealogy to-do list is finishing up the lesson plans, handout, and in-class exercises for my upcoming AppGen course called Foundations 2. My goal is to finish everything by September 1. So, I have four more days. I’m working on the last week, so I am close to my goal.

This week, I listened to the Genealogy Guys podcast while walking and heard mentioned a new database at My Heritage called “Germany, North Rhine Westphalia (Arnsberg, Detmold, and MĂ¼nster), Deaths 1874-1938.” I did a preliminary search and found some promising returns, but I don’t have a subscription. I need to take a trip to the Oakland FamilySearch Library or wait until my next volunteer day which is September 7. My Hork family came from Oberhundem and I have several people with only birth and marriage records but no death, so this database will be very helpful to fill out those deaths.

I have an order for Sandra Rumble to pull my husband’s great-grandfather’s Civil War compiled military service record file and possibly his pension file. Once that arrives, I will be working on finishing up his military story.

I also need to rewrite a research report utilizing the comments from my writing group. Two of the members were willing to re-read my rewrite.

Of course, I have many more projects, some short-term and others long-term, particularly working on what I will submit for my BCG renewal portfolio which is due in late 2023. It’s never too soon to start working on it.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You have quite a bit on your plate. I really enjoyed my AppGen course and I'm sure your Foundations 2 students will learn a lot. It's good planning to keep way ahead for your BCG renewal, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.