Skip to main content

Sullivan Sisters Gather, but Where?

When family members live in different towns and states, they make the effort to visit. My grandmother, Anna Hork, would go up to Montana in the summer to visit her sister, Nellie Goe. She was a school teacher and had summers off, so she could travel to Montana to visit Nellie or travel to Pomona to visit her sister, Loretto Patterson. Here is a photo of my grandmother (right) with her sisters, Nellie (left) and Loretta (center). I don’t know the date and I am not sure of the place. It could be in Anaconda, Montana, where Nellie lived, Pomona, where Loretto lived, or even Napa, where Anna lived. The hills in the background could be in any of the three places.

I looked for their addresses in the 1940s and checked Google. The street view of the houses come up and only the one in Anaconda is close, but not the same house. I know it is not in California in Pomona or Napa, as the styles of the houses are wrong. What do you think?

Anne's house in Napa

Loretta's house in Pomona

Nellie's house in Anaconda

#52Ancestors-Week 26: Family Gathering

This is my seventh year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow (https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/) at Generations Cafe.

I write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. From the pillars on the house to the left and the shape of the other two houses, I'd say it's Nellie's house in Anaconda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but why were they standing at the neighbor's house?

      Delete
  2. Guessing Anaconda but no idea why they would be standing at a neighbor's house. Maybe it's just the angle at which the photo was taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, it was the neighbor who took their photo? It is also possible that Nellie's husband, Harold, took it.

      Delete
  3. In the Pomona picture on the far right, it shows a house with a similar angle in the front. Would it be possible it was near that house? Or maybe in the backyard close to where they are standing? Of course, it's possible people remodeled their homes to change the looks. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.