Skip to main content

Blog Caroling: Twelve Days of Christmas

The Christmas season would not begin until the Burl Ives "Twelve Days of Christmas" record was played. I cannot imagine anyone else singing that song. That record was played to death; literally. So I was saddened when I didn't have one to play to my girls. A co-worker was kind enough to find the album on eBay, so now I begin our Christmas caroling season with good ole Burl Ives.

You can hear him sing here.

Here are the lyrics. I've only included the last verse to keep this post short.
On the first day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords a Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids a Milking
7 Swans a Swimming
6 Geese a Laying
5 Golden Rings
4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Copyright © 2014 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments