Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Carrie Ann's Meme

Randy Seaver of Genea-musing has a new challenge for us:

Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1)  On Facebook, Carrie Ann Smith posted a meme earlier this week and I thought it might be fun for SNGF (Thank you, Carrie Ann!).

2)  Copy the questions below, delete my answers, and put your own answers in.

3)  Post the questions and answers on your own blog, in a comment to this blog, or in a Facebook or Google+ post.  Be sure to leave al ink to your blog post in my blog post.

Here are the choices:

1. Who are you named after?  I don’t think I was named after anyone. There are no Lisas in the family tree except for me. My guess that my mother liked the song “Mona Lisa” and named me after that.

2. Last time you cried?  Sentimental television shows and movies make me cry. So do some books, whether they are sad or happy. 

3. Soda or water?  I like soda, but it’s bad for you, so I drink water.

4. What's your favorite kind of pizza?  Mediterranean with gluten free crust and feta cheese from BJs. 

5. Favorite Flower?  Pansies remind me of my grandmother, Mam-ma. African violets, my grandmother, Nana. I live tulips.

6. Roller Coaster?  No.

7. Favorite Ice cream?  When I could eat ice cream, the best was German Chocolate Cake at Baskin Robbins.  Now it’s chocolate sorbet when I can find it.

8. Favorite book?  Books by W.E.B. Griffin, Tony Hillerman, and Victoria Thompson.

9. Shorts or jeans?   Shorts, except in winter. 

10. What are you listening to right now?  NPR.

11. Favorite color?  blue

12. Tattoos?   Nope. 

13. Favorite thing to eat?  Bananas, chocolate, tomatoes, smoked oysters.

14. Android or iPhone?  Android.

15. Favorite holiday?  Thanksgiving. Love turkey.

16. Night owl or mornings?  Both. 

17. Fave day of the week?  Sunday. 

18. Favorite Season?  Spring and Fall. I love sweater weather! 

19. Favorite Sport?  Baseball is my favorite sport. I also like to watch tennis and women’s soccer. I like to play pickleball.

20. Mountains, Beach, Forest or snow?  Forest, especially if I can bird watch.

Copyright © 2017 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Who are you named after?

    My father named me after my mother and her twin sister. "Elizabeth" is my mother's middle name, and "Anne" was my aunt's middle name. As my father told the story, he thought this would avoid anyone in the family having hurt feelings. I think that was just the sweetest impulse. You can find my family history blog at http://genealogylizgauffreau.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.