Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- How Many Ancestors Have You "Met?"

It's Saturday Night -
time for more Genealogy Fun!


Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing this week is:

1) Write down which of your ancestors that you have met in person (yes, even if you were too young to remember them).

2) Tell us their names, where they lived, and their relationship to you in a blog post, or in comments to this post, or in comments on Facebook.


Here is my list:

I have not met many of my ancestors. I was born in 1954.

1.    Lela Nell (Johnston) Hork (1934-1992), my mother. She lived in Walnut Creek, California until her death.

2.    William Joseph Hork (1930-2007), my father. He lived in Walnut Creek until his death.

3.    Pansy Louise (Lancaster) Johnston (1913-2012), my maternal grandmother. She lived in Pleasant Hill, Pleasanton, and lastly in Concord.

4.    Tom J Johnston (1913-1973), my maternal grandfather. He lived in Pleasant Hill until his death.

5.    Anna Marie (Sullivan) Hork (1892-1979), my paternal grandmother. She lived in Montana, Southern California, Napa, and San Mateo.

6.    George Warren Lancaster (1893-1964), my maternal great-grandfather. He lived in Stephenville, Texas until his death. I met him when he came to California for a visit.

That’s it. My paternal grandfather, William Cyril Hork (1899-1967) was alive until 1967 but we never met him. My paternal great-grandparents died in 1906, 1928, 1932, and 1912. My maternal great-grandparents died 1951, 1919, and 1951.

I could include collateral family. I met all of my grandfather, Tom Johnston’s siblings and grandmother, Pansy Lancaster’s siblings. I also met two of my grandmother, Anne Sullivan’s siblings.

Copyright © 2020 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You are very lucky to have known all your grandparents. It seems that meeting a great grandparent is a rare event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughters were lucky to meet their great-grandmother, my grandmother, who lived to 99.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.