Skip to main content

Fearless Females - Day 18

This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month. I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts. These 31 posts will be posted between my two blogs "My Trails Into the Past" and "Mam-ma's Southern Family."


March 18 — Shining star: Did you have a female ancestor who had a special talent? Artist, singer, actress, athlete, seamstress, or other? Describe.
Anna is in the center to the right of the teacher


My grandmother, Anna Marie Sullivan, attended Montana Normal College, and I have her college yearbook.  In the yearbook I found she was on the basketball team and the Glee Club.  What I remember most about my Nana, was that she was always singing.  She taught us to sing little ditties while washing dishes.  That always made washing dishes much more fun.

I don't think she ever sang formally, such as in a church choir or other chorus after college.  She was an elementary school teacher and I'm sure her classrooms were full of singing.

Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past

Comments

  1. That's a beautiful photograph. I love how the photographer lined up the ladies so carefully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.