Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fearless Females - Day 19

This is a blogging theme for the month of March which is Women's History Month. I'm a bit behind but do want to participate in the daily blogging posts. These 31 posts will be posted between my two blogs "My Trails Into the Past" and "Mam-ma's Southern Family."


March 19 — Have you discovered a surprising fact about one of your female ancestors? What was it and how did you learn it? How did you feel when you found out?

My grandmother, Anna M Sullivan's aunt was Helena M Gleeson.  Helena never married and was a school teacher at Prescott School in Anaconda, Montana.  What surprised me was what I found in a city directory:  in 1936, she was listed as Principal!

Anaconda City Directory, 1936, p 32

Now I need to do some research about Prescott School in Anaconda.  I will contact the Historical Society and the School District to see what I can find about her career there.

Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past

No comments:

Post a Comment