Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of April 12-18, 2021

I have completed fifty-seven (57) weeks of semi- “lock down” due to Covid-19. This past week, I taught at the Adult School, volunteered at the History Center, went to the meadow for phenology, and picked up tea lattes at Starbucks twice. I also got a haircut—wasn’t so bad, just the one stylist there. I also rode my bike downtown with my husband. I went to my bank to deposit some checks and he went to both the post office and our bank.

Genealogy

Blog Writing:

Week 15: Brick Wall—Tools to Help Solve Tough Problems I gave a few tips with examples that have helped me with research brick walls.

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – My Best Genealogy Vacation. I wrote about the trip I took with my daughters to Idaho, Wyoming and Montana with side trips to conduct some genealogy research.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended: I met with Jacqueline on Tuesday, Cert Discussion Group and Amigos on Wednesday, and Cert Peer group on Friday. I attended the CCCHS board meeting on Thursday and took minutes.

Webinars & Classes Attended
: I attended an all-day seminar (on Zoom) given by Tom Jones for the Sonoma County Genealogical Society. Great presentations, especially the one on sources that don’t agree.

Client Work/Presentations:
I taught my second sessions of the Adult School on Monday. I spent the rest of the week working on the next lessons for both classes. I also finished up one of my clinic reports and sent that off.

Volunteer & Own Work:
At the History Center, I started the library inventory and showed Ben how to do it, too. I was too busy this week to work on any of my own work.

Other: I attended three more 2021 PCR convention practice sessions. I think I have the hang of sharing the videos. Hopefully the internet will be working properly from 12:30 to 3:30. We have had some outages again for short periods of time. Coast Division also had a planning meeting about how to have in-person meetings again. Our daughter came on Sunday and helped us pull weeds to prepare for the vegetable garden. We got Thai food take-out and had a chance to play with her dog.

I’m reading the following books:

  • 1919, The Year of Racial Violence by David F. Krugler
  • Schooled by Gordon Korman
  • Writing Interesting Family Histories by Carol Baxter

Photos taken this week:


Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments