Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of January 8-14, 2018

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing started this meme and I loved the idea. Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week.

Genealogy
Although I was under the weather last week, I did work on the families that are part of my case study. I got an answer back from the Catholic church in Anaconda along with images of the baptism. It was just the one entry with no headings, but it was easily enough to figure out what the columns represented.

On my portfolio work, I’ve made the decision that I’ll have to renew and extend another year. I enquired on how to do that, and now must send in another $75, which will give me until March 2, 2019 to finish up. The reason I have to extend, is even though I have about six weeks still on the clock, I have planned trips to Utah and Florida planned which will use up most of that time. My plan is to go back to working on it in earnest once we are back from vacation.

We had a Certification Peer Group meeting on Friday. We discussed our progress (or lack of).  I was under the weather and didn’t get as much done as I wanted. We also discussed more of North Carolina Research. Four of us will be at SLIG (Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy) next week and will get together for a meal, I’m sure.

On blogging: My post for 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks last week was on my favorite photo. I couldn’t decide on one, so added a second photo. I also wrote a post for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun about my Lancaster line.

I worked the desk at the California Genealogical Society Library in Oakland on Friday. I had three customers in person and two on the phone. It was a busy day. Then on Saturday, the society celebrated their 120th birthday with a party at the Annual Meeting. There was a potluck lunch and birthday cake.

Lastly, I participated in an International German GenealogyConference meeting for the Speaker team, taking the minutes. We have a good group and it’s getting close for the call for papers to go out. Wednesday was the DearMyrtle “Mastering Genealogy Documentation Study Group.” We’re almost done with the book.

Family
We attended the celebration party of the 50th anniversary for my husband’s cousin, Marguerite & her husband Paul. Their children pulled off a nice party with a catered buffet dinner, lovely desserts made by her nephew, Ben, and a great slide presentation of their years together. We stayed the night at a hotel so we didn’t have to drive home late at night.
Cousins at the party
Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. I envy your week at SLIG. I haven't made it there yet, but it's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it very much. Since it's so close to the west coast, I try to make it every year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.