1) What states in the USA and what provinces in Canada have you visited or lived in?
2) Either list, or make a map of them (at the https://www.gasfoodnolodging.com/visitedstates/us-canada/ website) and indicate the following:
* red for states/provinces where you've not spent much time or seen very much.
* amber for states/provinces where you've at least slept and seen some sights.
* blue for states/provinces you've spent a lot of time in or seen a fair amount of.
* green for states/provinces you've spent a great deal of time in on multiple visits.
3) For extra credit, you could make a map to show where your ancestors resided at any time (e.g., in 1900), or perhaps where your 16 great-great-grandparents or 32 3rd-great-grandparents married, or where your ancestors were born, all with an appropriate legend.
I have been to 46 states and 6 provinces. I made three trips across Canada (two aboard a bus and on aboard a train) and have traveled many times across the U.S. on Greyhound and Amtrak. The states in green I have visited more than once or I traveled around the state seeing sights.
Hawaii probably should have been pink or orange, as I have only visited Oahu. I need a trip to Alaska and to New England to grab the remaining states.
My extra credit map shows my daughter's great grandparent's birth locations. Pink for the maternal side and blue for the paternal.
Joseph Norman Gorrell, Missouri
Matilda Pearl Davey, Kentucky
Nils Arthur Nathaniel Nilsen, Ohio
Agnes Hilma Carolina Lundquist, Iowa
William Cyril Hork, Montana
Anna Maria Sullivan, Montana
Tom J Johnston, Texas
Pansy Louise Lancaster, Texas
Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.