Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of February 11-17, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Blog Writing: I wrote the following blog posts this week:

 Webinars/Study Groups Attended:  I participated in:
  • AmericanGen Study Group with DearMyrtle about Chapter 19 “Government Land Records”
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • Monday Morning Group of Contra Costa County Genealogical Society

 Presentations: I presented at two genealogy venues:
  • Livermore-Amador Genealogical Society on “Tips for Breaking Down Brick Walls”
  • Concord Family History Center on “Focused Research: Using Research Plans”

Our Cert Peer Group met and we discussed how to determine client fees.

Family Writing.  I didn’t do any writing this week.

Other Activities
We visited our daughter in Sebastopol on Tuesday (after I spent a couple of hours at the History Center). We visited first, Korbel Winery in Guerneville, where we got a tour and sampled some pretty good champagne. Then we drove to Windsor to the new Russian River Brewery. After being in line for 30 plus minutes, we got a seat at the bar to taste the Pliny the Younger and have dinner. It was a great day trip!




At the model club, I re-took the operator’s test and passed this time! Next week, I’ll take the driving test. Just have to keep “open” vs. “short” straight in my mind.

Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments