Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Weeks of Aug 26-Sep 1, 2019

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.

Genealogy
Blog Writing:
Webinars/Study Groups Attended: 
I watched no webinars this week. I did check in with both of my cert study groups. We had good conversations at both.

Own Work:
I spent the first part of the week scanning all of the documents in my Nilsen and Lundquist folders that hadn’t been scanned yet. Then I met with my husband’s aunt and cousin to deliver all my files for both of the families. His aunt is donating all of the Nilsen and Lundquist family papers to the California State Archives. I felt my papers should go with them. I plan to go again to her house later this month to help file the papers I brought.

I had two orders for records from the Contra Costa County Court office and the Recorders office which I took care of this week. And a new order for transcribing some deeds for a friend.

I volunteered at the History Center (CCCHS), the Oakland FamilySearch Library, and at the California Genealogical Society’s library this week. I was gone from the History Center for nearly a month and there were several queries for me to take care of. I helped a gentlemen learn how to find land records on the FS catalog and he found a deed that gave relationships, so he was happy. The CGS library was pretty quiet on Friday.

Other
I got in a couple of walks and one yoga class. I attended my first ukulele class in a month and operated trains during the show at the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society on Friday. The weekend was spent watching lots of tennis on T.V. Love watching the US Open.



Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments