Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your School Yearbook Photos

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing has a new assignment for us:

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1)   Ancestry.com updated their School Yearbook collection and it is FREE to access until 2 September.  Use https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/yearbooksindex/.
2)  Show us your school yearbook photos from the Ancestry collection, or from your personal photo collection.  Tell us the school and year.  Add your spouse or best friend or children if you wish!
3)  Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment on this blog, or in a Facebook post.
Here are mine.

I attended Las Lomas High School and graduated in 1972. My grades were just a little above average, only once did I make the CSF, in my first semester of Junior year. I had just a small group of friends who were as geeky as me. I had no favorite classes but had favorite teachers. My freshman photo is on Ancestry but I’m not sharing.


I attended Cal State University, Hayward in the Winter of 1973 because I had no clue about applying for college and didn’t get my act together in time for the Fall. I studied biology, though now wish I had discovered geography earlier. I might have majored in that instead. I did play on the softball team my freshman year, but could see I was not at the caliber of the rest. In my senior year I played on the badminton team. I paid my way through school by cleaning houses, typing letters for a nice old man who loved to write to politicians about current issues. Fortunately, I lived at home and the cost of college was not as expensive as it is now.




I searched for my parents’ but neither of their yearbooks are part of the collection. However, I have their books and can share their photos. My father officially graduated from Mt. Diablo High School in Concord in 1950. Because he had been recuperating from a long illness, he was also in the Napa High School book, too, but didn’t finish his credits there.



My mother also graduated from Mt. Diablo High School in 1952. She was on the yearbook staff and can be seen in an ad for B & J Fabrics.






Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You have your parents' yearbooks? Very cool! I wish I had the ones for my parents.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.