Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- A Facebook "Have You Done This?" Meme

It's Saturday Night -

time for more Genealogy Fun!


Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible music here) is to:
1)  Another "Have you done this?" meme was going around Facebook this past week.  Let's do it!! 
2)  Copy and paste the list below, delete my answers, and add your own. 
3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a post on Facebook.
Here is the list:

1)  Driven 100 mph : I was not doing the driving, but my friend was driving her Cadillac and she got up over 100 mph on Highway 13 with us in the car.

2)  Ridden in a helicopter: No. I once had the chance but turned it down. I regret it. It was above a PG&E hydro-electric power plant where they were doing repairs and I could have taken wonderful aerial photos. However, I’m afraid of heights.

3)  Gone zip lining: No. Don’t like heights or speed.

4)  Been to an NFL game: Yes, maybe a half a dozen, seeing the Raiders play in Oakland back in the early 70s with my dad.

5)  Been to Canada: Yes. Several times. First two times by bus across the entire country. Visited Vancouver Island with my future husband another time. Lastly, we traveled across the country (4 days) by Via train.

6)  Visited Florida: Once, recently to visit Norman’s cousin.

7)  Visited Mexico: If you count Tijuana by walking from the streetcar, and at Mission, Texas by hand boat.

8)  Visited Vegas: Once, in the 80s.

9)  Eaten alone at a restaurant: Yes.

10)  Ability to read music: Yes. I can play the piano, guitar, and ukulele

11) Ridden a motorcycle: rode on the back and only got a block before demanding to be let off

12)  Ridden a horse: Yes, not often.

13)  Stayed in a hospital: Twice, to have babies.

14)  Donated blood: Once. Made me very weak.

15)  Been snow skiing: No. See above: no heights or speed.

16)  Been to Disney World or Disneyland: Yes, many times to Disneyland, once to Disney World

17)  Slept outside: Yes, at home in our backyard when it was hot, many times camping as a Girl Scout and later as a Girl Scout Leader.

18)  Driven a stick shift: Yes.

19)  Ridden in an 18 wheeler: No.

20)  Ridden in a police car? Yes, front seat.

21)  Driven a boat: No.

22)  Eaten Escargot: No, but I would try.

23)  Been on a cruise:  Once this past year on the Mississippi River.

24)  Run out of gas: Yes

25)  Been on TV: No.

26)  Eaten Sushi: Yes, love it!

27)  Seen a UFO:  No

28)  Been Bungie jumping: No

29)  Visited another continent: Yes - Europe

30)  Been to Ellis Island?  Yes, twice.


It’s your turn......

Copyright © 2020 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. How did you manage to ride in the front seat of a police car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In HS they had a program for students to ride with officers. Later, one of my dear friends was a reserve police officer and I rode with him. One trip going above speed chasing someone ended my thoughts of being a cop. I don't like speed...

      Delete
  2. If you're afraid of heights, you definitely shouldn't go in a helicopter. You can see everything around you, and all the way down. The one time I was in a helicopter was with my family, and my mother (horribly afraid of heights) had her eyes shut the entire time and wouldn't let us talk about what we were seeeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could barely look out the slit of windows in the St. Louis Arch last year. I sat near the elevator until my husband was done looking. Of course, the Arch also sways...

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.